A good pair of safety boots are an essential piece of e […]
A good pair of safety boots are an essential piece of equipment in many industries. Safety boots are precision constructed to protect against common workplace hazards such as slips and falls, electric shocks, chemical burns, and broken bones. Below are some types of safety boots.
1. Steel toe work boots. Designed to protect your toes and upper foot bones from falling objects, the sole is designed to prevent punctures. Steel toe boots are popular with construction workers, firefighters, and police.
2. Composite toe work boots. It is quickly becoming the industry norm. Composite safety toe caps are made of non-metallic materials such as Kevlar, carbon fiber, plastic, or fiberglass.
3. Flat work boots. They are reinforced with extra stitching and leather, but not steel.
4. Waterproof boots. Waterproof boots are a must for those whose work environment may be wet or rainy. Waterproof boots can be made of leather and nylon mesh. Leather boots are rather bulky.
5. Insulating boots. Has extra insulation to prevent frostbite in colder operating conditions.
6. Non-slip boots. Found in the food service industry, factories, and ships where floors are often slick from spills.
Good work boots come in a variety of styles, and you can consider your design preferences as well as your safety standards when shopping for work boots.